Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Where do I begin...

Hello All,


I am new to the blog scene however after reading many other blogs I feel that sharing my experiences with the world just might be useful to someone out there. My husband and I have been married almost 4 years and have a beautiful little boy. I work outside the home even though I wish I didn't have to. My day job is Environmental Outreach Coordinator for our county. My real job is being a full-time mom, farm hand, and domestic diva for my family.



We are located deep in the Bible belt in South Carolina. We have been raised very traditionally and conservatively and remain that way. Many of our family outings center around church events, 4-H activities, and farm life. I want my son and future children (God willing) to have a good example to follow in faith and family, so I believe we must make that a priority in our own lives. We do our best to set the standards high but as all people we have our downfalls.

My husband, William, is a full time farmer. We raise purebred sheep, beef cattle and operate a dairy farm. It is a huge undertaking and we have help from William's family. We are bless to be farming the same land that William's ansectors have farmed since the 1800's, maybe earlier.

I did not grow up in the area, my family is scattered all over the Southeast and Western part of the US. I have family in Georgia (my home state), Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, California, and Arizona. To keep up with my family we all have Facebook or Myspace.

I grew up in Middle Georgia. I could throw a rock from my back door and hit my grandparents house. I never realized until their influence on my life until after my Granny passed away. They instilled values and traditions in me that I hope to pass on to my children. My Granny loved to cook (fry) and create crafts. I learned to season a cast iron pan, sew a quilt, and crochet from her. My mother taught me how to bake cakes and make candy. I hope to share some of these skills and many others I have learned over the years with all of you in the coming months. Have a great day!

The Homespun Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment