Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Crafting on snowy days

We don't get a lot of snow in South Carolina, so when we do get even a little (3-6 inches) the majority of the population is at a stand still.  Roads are terrible and stores and churches close down for the count.  It makes a great time to get sewing (if you can get your little one inside long enough to nap). 

Yesterday I finished sewing 3 of the 4 burp cloths for a baby shower gift, started a baby quilt for another friend expecting and whipped up a cute pair of mittens that have some room for improvement.  I found the tutorial for the burp cloth and a bib at U Create


The fleece mittens were made using the tutorial at Make It and Love It.  They wouldn't need improvement if I had followed directions instead of rushing through to get them done prior to the end of nap time.  Notice the strings that need trimming and let's not talk about the fact I put the velcro on the wrong side of one of them. 
The last item I have been working on is a baby quilt.  I am using the scraps from the burp cloth project plus some fannel I had laying around to make a quilt for a friend.  There is no pattern just using what I have to make a scrappy quilt. 
I plan to begin Celebrate the Boy tonight by making the items posted by Rae and Dana.  Check out their blogs to follow along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment