Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Back from my blogging vacation!

So if you haven't noticed I haven't blogged in a LONG LONG time.  I have been crazy busy but I have also been trying to decide just where I want this blog and my other FIVE to do.  I feel that if I blog about all my interest on one that you might get a little bored or overwhelmed (just as I do).

For those of you who don't know I also blog about pressing agriculture issues to help advocate for family farms in South Carolina and across the country (here).  Plus updating blogs from work(here) and my volunteer positions(here, here and here).  So I have decided that I will keep each blog and set a schedule to update them all in my planner.  Some blogs will even be setup to accept mobile entries to make it more productive.  I have lots to share (not that anyone is interested). 

I have also been trying to setup an online sewing business like so many others have done.  I have an Etsy show and a shop on the Big Cartel site.  I am not hoping to pay off a mortgage or even a car but at least help pay the grocery bill and support my fabric habit. 

In addition to all of this I have also decided to change jobs and in August I will be going back into the classroom to teach Middle level science.  With this decision made I took a few days off work to enjoy with little man and re-landscaped our yard.  It was a great time to sit together and truly appreciate how much he has changed in the past 2 years.  I was amazed at the child he has grown into. 

And last but not least I have picked up my old habit again...photography...film photography.  I know all you digital junkies out there are shaking your head in disbelief how can someone deal with all that but I enjoy it and there is just something about pictures.  I think back to all those times I sat on my grandparents beige plaid couch and flipped through picture albums and heard stories about the people in those photos.  Digital photos for me don't get off the camera, so my grandchildren would miss that experience.  Those are some of my fondness memories...but don't worry with all the technology out there you will still get to see all the pictures I take around the farm. 

I hope to post pictures of new projects soon so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment