Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Crazy Days of Spring

The last few days have been crazy. We all experience this from time to time and it was just my turn I guess. My little boy, Wyatt, has been a little under the weather and woke up with a coughing fit that lasted about 2 1/2 hours in the wee hours of the morning Wednesday. William and I decided that is was time to take him to the doctor. I went ahead and sent them to the sitters and came into work for a while cause I had some things I needed to do. When the doctor's office finally opened then I got him an appointment. Of course the doctor said to just watch him and monitor his progress, which seems to be doing better. I didn't return to work on Wednesday. Wyatt and I went home and caught up on some things, cleaning, sewing, you know.

Since Wyatt took a 4 hour nap I was able to get lots done especially on his Easter outfit. I cut out all of the pieces, fabric, lining and interfacing. I also got them pinned together and ready for sewing, however I was afraid the sewing machine would wake him so they are still just pinned together waiting on me to finish. I caught up on my magazine reading and found lots of great craft ideas for Easter. We may try some of them out this weekend. I began reteaching myself to knit. This may present a challenge. I have the general idea however I have found out that Wyatt likes to "unknit". I also unclogged the kitchen sink drains which have been driving me batty for days. I discovered something..... I would love to stay at home with Wyatt on a regular even daily basis but we would have to establish a routine otherwise I would get nothing accomplished.



Thursday was a typical day I came to work and did a presentation for about 50 5th grade students. I was able to run by and pick up a few magazines that had even more crafting ideas. When I got home all the things we had ordered earlier in the week had arrived. These were items like new boots and a rope for William, books, boots and jeans Wyatt, and a few study guides and books for me. Once everything was inventoried Wyatt commenced to destroy all boxes and packing materials. It amazes me how much they are interested in the little things. I also found out one of my close friends is expecting a baby in December (YAY!).


Today is a pretty laid back day. I have a to-do list a mile long at work and home and a weekend schedule full of fun options but very little down time. I plan to finish Wyatt's outfit this weekend, finish redecorating the bedrooms, do a department store's worth of laundry, and clean the kitchen until I can see my reflection along with attending a birthday party, a housewarming party, an Easter egg hunt, a rodeo and church. Something might have to give...I am not sure that Wyatt or I can withstand all of this activity.

Umm....I wonder where I am going to fit craft projects in???

No comments:

Post a Comment