Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A craft for kids of all ages

Yesterday as I was blog hopping I saw numerous post about making salt dough ornaments with your kids.

I decided this would be a great project for my 2 year old because we could break it up into segments so he wouldn't get bored during the process. 
I saw recipes on numerous blogs but the most common was
1/2 cup of salt
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of water

mix it to a cookie dough like consistency.
fold out onto lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick
cut using floured cookie cutter
bake @ 200 degrees for 5 hours or overnight
I didn't get any photos yesterday while we were making up the dough but I did discover a few things I would like to share...yes you can double the dough but we were better off making small batches as he could cut and roll fast enough to keep the dough from drying out (yes I let me roll our the dough and cut it too)
below are some pictures from decorating the ornaments today
we used 97 cent paint from Walmart and glitter...
LOTS & LOTS of glitter




 After a while we had to loose the paint covered shirt.  Not surprising for anyone who knows the little man!

FYI: your kitchen table may suffer some temporary paint stains!  I covered the table with multiple levels of newspaper however the little man still managed to get paint all over the table; however don't worry too much because a little warm water and a sponge cleaned it right up!

Take time this week to enjoy the gifts God has blessed you with and remember the greatest gift was Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment