Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Laptop Cover

A few months back I got a new laptop...
mainly because my old one was destroyed by a little man.
I didn't have a cover of the laptop
but didn't want to purchase a plain ol' black one.

So what does a crafty lady do???
MAKE HER OWN!!

Now this is not a tutorial by any means...
just a little bit on how i created my cover!

First I measured the width, length and depth of the laptop...
decided I would use some scraps I had from Wyatt's quilt
pieced them together
ironed a piece of fusible fleece to the back...
attached a piece of knit fabric (Rst)
and then stitched 3 sides together
flipped it right side out
covered the raw edge with some cute binding
folded right sides together
stitched the bottom edge and one long side
inverted and
shzam!!! a new laptop cover!

Again not the hardest project in the book
but definitely a cute one!!



Happy Sewing!

Linking up @




Photobucket



The Trendy Treehouse


Keeping It Simple


 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great idea and I like your fabrics too! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete